All Call to Action - New comment on Microsoft Layoff 2009 - Day 2.
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Microsoft Layoff 2009 - Day 2":
Friends, enough complaining. It's time for us to ORGANIZE and ACT.
The immigration system is broken..... Government, Media, Corporations, Co-workers, Shareholders - IS ANYONE Listening? WHO can expose the truth?
WHY isn't anything being done? How many more qualified US citizens, VOTERS, can wait for until the next round of H1B / L workers replace qualified American voters in our own backyard?
How can greedy billionaires continue to tell half truths and find loopholes in immigration laws to lower the overall cost of labor? And, how many government officials are involved in perpetuating the lie?
Fellow displaced Microsoft workers:
What ideas do people on this blog have to raise the volume and get the government to act NOW?
How do we get media attention and action? Lou Dobbs and Senator Grassley cannot be the only people who care about this issue.
Ask - List of contacts of people we need to reach
1. Government - People in positions of influence inside elected Officials offices - Senators, Congress, Governors. Don't know about you but submitting a form to my senator's website and a "thank you for your message" is getting ZERO accomplished.
2. Media contacts willing to investigate the abuse and expose the truth.
3. Advocates Special Interest Groups to advocate on behalf of displaced workers, American citizens formerly employed in the High tech Industry.
3. Influencers who can do something to stop the bleeding of American jobs.
4. Legal and legislative experts,
For God's sake, even the US Government knows that there is widespread fraud and abuse in the immigration system. Why isn't anything being done about it... report from the United
States Government Accounting Office ( GAO) on impact guest workers have on US citizens jobs http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d03883.pdf
How many more qualified citizens can loose their jobs while to L and H visa holders remain? Insult to injury, the number of new H1B jobs increase daily - I counted over 160 openings since qualified displaced MS workers got the axe.
(You should fire up a blog or website and start making traction there; you are welcome to link here to relevant posts.)